Hubby and I have been tossing around the idea of baby #2 for a couple of months. He wants a bunch of kids (3+) and I only want 2. After P was born we decided to go with a 4 year age gap, so P would be starting school when baby #2 came along. My mother in law keeps P and my niece while hubby and I and my brother and sister in law work. So out of respect for our free babysitter, I think it would be best to wait til the oldest are starting school to have another. Clearly that plan isn’t going to work out… We have both realized we want our kids to be closer in age. Just how close we want them has yet to be determined.
I always imagined I would just know when it was time to have another baby, like I would check the mail and get a little postcard that said “Its that time!” or something… Apparently that’s not how it works? I’m truly in limbo about it. One day I’m consumed by baby fever and cry just thinking about a sweet little newborn, or a baby bump. Other days, the reality of life with 2 kids and a full time job gets me overwhelmed and I wonder if I could even handle it. Then I realize how much older P would be once the new baby arrived and it all seems so simple. We can afford a second child, and could swing daycare or another babysitter if we had to, so there is really nothing holding us back.
So here we are… NTNP. (That’s not trying, not preventing for you TTC newbs!) I guess we will see where this takes us, and let God and chance make this decision. 🙂
Over the last 10 months I’ve caught myself comparing the things my son does to a puppy on many occasions. The older he gets the more he gets like a puppy. I swear. It’s hilarious really! I’ve compiled this little list of his puppy-like tendencies for your amusement 🙂
1. He begs for food. Any time I eat a snack he stands or sits in front of me and looks at me with puppy dog eyes and wines til I share.
2. He pees in the floor. On occasion I have to take his diaper off for a few minutes (usually before bath time when I don’t have all my supplies together). As soon as I sit him down he pees in the floor, every single time.
3. He chews my shoes. We try to keep our shoes out of the rooms he plays in… But sometimes they get left out… it happens. When it does, he crawls just as fast as he can to chew on them before I catch him.
4. He loves to have his belly scratched. He will lay perfectly still just as long as you will scratch his belly!
5. He likes to play in the garbage can. Turn your back for 5 seconds (or heaven forbid go to the bathroom!) and he’s headed straight to the garbage!
So…. I’ve not written in a while because life. I’ve been spending my days working, and my evenings watching Mickey Mouse and cuddling. No real reason I couldn’t type a blog post, I just chose to live in the moment 🙂
We had not 1 but 2 babywearing photo sessions, which I will share soon (I swear!!) I’m almost done planning his 1st birthday party, and I’ve been trying to convince hubby it’s time for baby #2… He thinks I need to increase the dosage on my crazy meds! There isn’t a whole lot to update you on… But trust me, it’s pretty interesting around here!
P is 10 months old now, and amazing me every single day! He can stand by himself for a few seconds, he’s obsessed with chewing on ketchup and other things inside the refrigerator door every time I open it, he likes to climb in the dishwasher and he has learned to climb into my lap. He’s a very busy boy, and likes to get into 10 month old mischief! In fact, my papaw and his wife babysat one day last week and when my husband went to pick him up, my papaw informed him that “His name should have been Columbus, because he sure likes to explore!” Apparently he spent the day chasing their dogs, getting toys off of a shelf above his head in a closet and trying to climb the stairs.
So… if I’m MIA for another few weeks or so, someone check to make sure he hasn’t killed me!!